Pages

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

The Love Bug

I've had the Embossing Paste product on my wish list for quite some time now. But I just haven't added it to my cart yet. So instead I went to my local craft store and bought Claudine Hellmuth Studio Gesso which was 50% off  and close enough to the same thing. I wasn't sure if it works as well as the embossing paste but it turned out to work great! 

I am still loving Paper Smooches Bugs. One of the reasons why I bought this stamp set was for the cutest little Love Bug I have ever seen. I really wanted to make him to be the vocal point of my card. I made sure I used something to make him stand out, the black embossing powder was the perfect touch. Hope you enjoy it!

I decided to enter this card onto the Simon Monday Challenge. SSS is my connection to happiness! Well, wish me luck.

Simon Monday Challenge Blog







2 comments:

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

This card is fantastic! And I agree- that's the absolute cutest love bug I've ever seen, too! I really like how you created the textured background and it's good to know that the Gesso was a good substitute for the embossing paste. I also loved how you surrounded your little bug with the yellow haze and sequins. The embossed black really makes him stand out! The sentiment finishes it off perfectly and whole card can't help but make me smile. It's sophisticated and whimsical and was really a joy to see. Thank you so much for sharing your talents with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Vegan Recipes said...

Great reead thanks