Pages

Friday, October 3, 2014

All Tricks, No Treats

Happy Friday everyone! I am here today to share with you a Mama Elephant Halloween Card. Now, I really wanted to practice and try out more of my copic coloring techniques that I learned from taking the online card class that I previously posted. I also wanted to add, that class has been a Godsend!!! I feel so much more comfortable using my tools and much wiser at what I am doing. I am so grateful for the wonderful teachers and inspiration from all my fellow classmates. 

Ok enough of the class and on to the card. I am participating in the Mama Elephant Challenge this month. Which I must say its completely new to me, I wasnt aware there was such a challenge. I just accidentally found it while browsing through their blog. Also they are celebrating their 2 year anniversary, so a big congratulations going out to Mama Elephant!!



My main focus was on the background. I've been wanting to use my distress inks and this is what I came up with. I die cut the clouds and hills and used them as a guide to brush on the distress ink on to white card stock. 

I posted this image on instagram showing off my newest copic coloring techniques...hehe not really showing off just real happy I know what I am doing now. 


And here is upclose shot. Thank you so much for stopping by today. I hope I inspired you to do some coloring and crafting! Have a wonderful weekend!!






4 comments:

Rubeena I. said...

great job with the card!!

lostinpaper said...

Your tag is perfect, it's almost hidden on the background! So glad you could join us at Mama Elephant & Me!

Lorraine Marasigan said...

This is very cool. I would love to learn how you made that background. Thanks for joining us at Mama Elephant and Me:)

Lea Lawson said...

This is really cute!! I love the scene you've created in the background!! Thanks for joining us this month at the Mama Elephant & Me challenge!!