Pages

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Lawnscaping Challenge #79 with How to Pics



Hello again, Today I am taking part of the Lawnscaping Challenge. I am combining 2 techniques which are new to me, using an embossing folder and distress inking. I wanted to show you step by step on how I came up with the idea. I might have taken a bit too many pictures. Well, I hope this helps and you get inspired to try it out.   



 


First I used the Easy Folder Frames to trace the shape on masking paper.

  


Second I cut out the circle that I will be inking in and place it on my cardstock, I also pick out the colors that I used with my ink daubers.

 


I colored in the oval and removed the masking tape. The look of an Easter egg was exactly what I was aiming for. 

  

The next step was to use my embossing folder. I didn't know how the embossing image was going to turn out so I placed it face down first and used the sun to line up the frame.

   

I used washi tape to keep it from shifting and dusted off the old sizzix and ran it through. I didnt want to take any chances and damaging my big shot...hehe I also used a second one and turned the image face forward to see which embossing image I liked best.

   

I just loved how the two techniques turned out. I stamped it with the Lawn Fawn Happy Easter set and embellished it with SSS sequins. For the background I layered it with Lawn Fawn Hello Sunshine Pack.

    

I know this was a long post but I hope it help and inspired you to try it out! Thanks for stopping by today.


Have a blessed Easter this Sunday!!












0 comments: